Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Monday, October 24, 2011
Friday, October 21, 2011
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
With October, comes fall and we are working on some fall crafts. Here we are making a crow and they are hanging from the ceiling in the kitchen. Turned out adorable....
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Here's one of the children using their own supply box. I'm going to love this.....
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
I am looking forward to getting back into the routine, but sad that we will be having 3 children leave as they go onto to kindergarten. The children here at Treasures of the Heart are like family, and it's always hard to see them know.... but it is with a happy heart we know they are more than ready. All 3 children tested higher than needed when they went to kindergarten testing. I am so proud of them, and I can't wait to hear how they do...
Reminder to parents that children will need their school supplies by Tuesday September 6.
Saturday, August 20, 2011
I'm excited to share that Treasures of the Heart Preschool and Child Care received a certification of Accreditation through NAFCC.
Treasures of the Heart Preschool and Child Care will also receive a 4 star rating from Parent Aware in 4 - 6 weeks, and we are currently working on renewing our CDA.
I just had to share. :)
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
The children love decorating the cement area in the play yard with chalk drawings.....
- Give children a baggie with chalk - a small hammer and let them break the chalk into smaller pieces. (Supervise the children during the hammer phase).
- Pour the chalk into a bowl.
- Add water and let the children paint.
Takes longer for the rain to wash away these art pieces, but the children sure have fun.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Monday, June 13, 2011
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Monday, April 18, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Skill activity supports: Fine Motor Skills, Creativity Goal: Intellectual, Physical, Emotional, Social
Creative Play is what children do when they are just being children, and there are plenty of things you can do to encourage creative play. Whether it is drawing, painting, cutting, pasting, playing with play doh, all children love being creative, and the act of being creative brings with it so many benefits.
Many preschool creative activities are done with paints because kids love the world of colors. It gives them an opportunity to express themselves as they work with paints. From the children's art work, teachers often can tell the emotions that the child is going through. Such preschool activities also provides opportunities for kids to venture into new ideas and creativity.
- white card stock
- paints - at least 3 primary colors
- to create a mirror image of paint patterns
- to enhance creativity
- to improve eye-hand coordination
- to work on fine motor skills
- to experience with colors
- to have fun
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Have children put on an apron or large t-shirt.
- Cover table with newspapers.
- Have sufficient paints – quantity and variety of colors.
- Fold the white card stock into half, then open it, making a dividing line.
- Squeeze / apply paints in blots onto one side of the card stock.
- Fold the paper over the paints and have children rub the paper gently with their hands.
- Slowly open the card stock and enjoy the mirror image picture.
- Talk to the children on how secondary colors are made when they happen to overlap the colors. Do the children see anything in their artwork. (Our children saw a bunny, butterfly, fish, etc).
- Hang up to dry.