Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Sept. 15

We had a busy morning. I decided since this week will be a short week, (Only 3 days for most of you), that I would spend these 3 days testing the children. Find out where they are at. The last time I tested the children was in May. This will give me a better understanding of what we need to work on in small group.

I also received my rating in the mail on Friday through Parent Aware. I received a 3 out of 4 stars. One of the items I scored low on was not using a pre-approved curriculum. I personally like the curriculum we are using. (1 - 2 - 3 Learn Curriculum), and I was told going into this program if I desired, the Parent Aware Program would help me to get my curriculum approved. I'm waiting to start going through the process of getting it approved so that I can gain points in that area.

I received

Family Partnership 4 out of 4 stars
Teaching Materials and Strategies 3 out of 4 stars
Tracking Learning 3 out of 4 stars
Teacher Training and Education 3 out of 4 stars

I got some great ideas from the Parent Aware Program that I will be incorporating into my outside play area. There will be some new changes. I'm striving for the 4 star rating. :)

Thanks
Jean

No comments: