Thursday, July 24, 2008

New Bug Center :)

Everyone knows how I hate bugs, so this center was hard for me to do. :)
The kids have so much fun looking for bugs outside that I had to do a bug center. I had it up and running on Monday and I have to say.... the kids LOVE it.

Cleo caught the 1st insect. A moth on Monday and we put it into a bug house so we could view it up close. She let the moth go in the same spot she caught it so that the moth could go home to mommy.

We have a dry eraser board that in the bug center so that when children see a bug, they can sign their name. So far we have seen butterflies, ants, bees, spiders and flies. We also have in our bug center a couple of nets to catch the bugs, bug houses, magnify glasses, a bug vacuum, and a laminated book hanging on the fence with bug facts. Did you know there are 35,000 types of ants in the world. I know... I was surprised also. :)

The next outside center I will be putting together is a weather one. We sure are having fun playing (learning) outside... Learning is child's play.

Jean

No comments: