Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Farm Week

This week we are continuing our theme "Down on the Farm". Monday we learned about cows. How much they can weight, how much milk they can produce in a lifetime, and more. Did you know that cow can produce 200,000 glasses of milk in their life time? I was amazed... We also "milked" a cow. :)

I poked a hole in a rubber glove and poured some milk into the glove. I explained to the children how a farmer milks a cow by hand. We had some funny results. A couple of the kids squirted themselves. We "milked" the cow into a bowl. I wish I could have taken some pictures, but I wasn't going to let go of that glove.

Tuesday we learned that to make pink we needed to mix the colors red and white together. We needed pink for a worksheet. The kids did a good job of mixing. Their sheets turned out "pink".

Today (Wednesday) is going to be a free day. Movies, computer... free play. I am feeling under the weather and I thought this would be a great option as oppose to taking the day off. I'm hoping tomorrow I will be feeling better and back to our farm theme. :)

No comments: