Thursday, May 29, 2008

Is it Thursday already?

Wow... these 4 day week-ends really go fast. I can't believe it's already Thursday.

Our theme this week was Camping Fun, but we ended up playing outside the last couple of days and I'm also doing some review with some of the children. Seeing what letters, colors, etc., they know so that I can keep on top of everything. This is being done with the younger children right now. Once I get this all done I'll share my findings with you. Let you know how well your child is doing.

During the summer months we'll have Mrs. Jean come 2 days a month instead of just 1. (Music Lady) The children really enjoy her, and since she has the open space we thought we would take advantage of it. We'll probably move outside to give the children more room to move a few times.

June Newsletters will go out this Friday along with a new book for the children. The House that Mack Built. They have been asking me when they get a new book, and the end of the month is here. :)

The book library has been a big hit. The kids love being able to check out books. Remember they can check out a new one as soon as they bring back their other book. I'm keeping the limit to one book per check out to make it easier on parents to not have to keep track of numerous books. I have them use their library card and the older children sign their name in our library check out binder. How fun!

No comments: