Sunday, May 3, 2009

Some New Centers. :)

Over the next few weeks, I will be setting up some new "centers" outside. The bug center I did up last year was a big hit, and still is. The children LOVE looking for bugs.... and I'm cool with that... as long as they don't show me what they have captured. :)
Some new centers we will have are weather, art, block and wood centers. The wood center I am really looking forward to getting set up. I purchased hammers, safety glasses, a box of nails, and tape measurer. Loren is going to build a table from an old door. (Cut it down in size) and get me a recycle bin filled with scrap wood. I also am going to check out Home Depot and see if I can purchase those orange children aprons for the kids that they can wear while they are busy building.
Art center will include playdoh, and I purchased a 3 person art easel set last fall. Weather station will include a weather vane so we can tell which way the wind is blowing, a weather station I purchased last fall from Lakeshore and other items.
We do have a reading center outside now with a bench and a plastic bin of books. The children can also read bug books from the bug center. We're bringing some of the fun centers from inside - outside. This is going to be alot of fun.... I know the children will enjoy the new centers. :)

No comments: